Umesh , Ishant spicing up India’s spin tale
- Umesh, Ishant spicing up India’s spin tale, Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja came to the party in the Bangalore Test last week, but what caught Australia by surprise was the sheer intent of India’s space duo, Umesh Yadav and Ishant Sharma.
- After wrapping up the game in four days, Virat Kohli said he expected the Ranchi pitch, where the third game starts on Thursday, to play ‘’slow and low’’ as ushal.
- But that is unlikely to shake the skipper’s faith in playing the two fast bowlers, who were the unsung heroes and produced a coming of age performance on a spin-friendly Chinnaswamy Stadium track.
- India went into the second day in Bangalore with Australia 40/0 after dismissing the hosts for 189 in the first innings. But Ishant and Umesh produced sensational containmentspells.
- Kohli acknowledged the disciplined second day’s bowling for the momentum change.’’Someone has to step up and do the job Jadeja was outstanding in the first innings along with our fast bowlers
- Mohammed Shami’s ability to swing and reverse, and bowl at a consistently good pace, with the new ball or old, has made a big difference. At the West Indies, he bowled the most number of overs among pacers,93.While 11/284in four Test may not by itself look great his economy rate of 3.05 will.
- Ishant bowled 84 overs, at an economy rate of 3.05, and Umesh, who played only two Tests, conceded just over three runs per over.
- In Bangalore, with just 187 runs to defend, the Australia batsmen struggled to attack Umesh or Ishant. The two things that have gone with their consistency is their patience and fitness.
- Umesh. and ishant were very good, particularly in the first innings. They hit the good areas consistently and challenged our defence a lot,’’ said Australia skipper Smith.’’ It was very hard to score off thwm and they looked dangerous of think wickets. That’s were I think we were just fractionally off’’